Monday, November 14, 2011

Colors of Autumn




It was a beautiful day Saturday.
My son, Michael, and I took a nice walk
and were awed by the brilliant colors.
So I tried to capture it.






Fall, Leaves, Fall

by Emily Jane Brontë

Fall, leaves, fall; die, flowers, away;
Lengthen night and shorten day;
Every leaf speaks bliss to me
Fluttering from the autumn tree.
I shall smile when wreaths of snow
Blossom where the rose should grow;
I shall sing when night’s decay
Ushers in a drearier day.

























Autumn Woods
by James S. Tippett

I like the woods
In autumn
When dry leaves hide the ground,
When the trees are bare
And the wind sweeps by
With a lonesome rushing sound.
I can rustle the leaves
In autumn
And I can make a bed
In the thick dry leaves
That have fallen
From the bare trees
Overhead.






Grab a cup of coffee and head over to Sweet Shot Tuesday
to peruse some great photography from other bloggers.


Sweet Shot Day


2 comments:

Stacia said...

Oh, that red! So stunning.

Rachelle said...

wonderful selection of poems. Fall is my favorite season.

Labels