Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Leisure


I want to share one of my favorite poems for Tuesdays Unwrapped.

This is a poem that I love to ponder. It's by W. H. Davies. Happy Tuesday.


"What is the life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.




No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.




No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.



No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.




No time to turn at beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.




No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile that her eyes began.




A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare."


Photos by Jimi Ann, except Sunrise by Drew.

Do you have a favorite poem? Feel free to share it, or post a link to it!

Visit Emily to unwrap more treasures at the link below. Her theme today is Learning to Breathe. We do need to be reminded. I'm always telling my husband, "Don't forget to breathe, now," and he laughs, thinking I'm weird, (which I am, by the way). I'll have to show him Emily's post!

Today I'm thinking how taking leisure time and noticing God's creation helps me to remember to breathe. To exhale.

(Do you like my pictures? I'm getting much better at photography than I used to be... It's so much FUN to go out and be immersed in picture-taking! So therapeutic!

tuesdays unwrapped at cats





No comments:

Labels