Thursday, November 18, 2010

Comfy Robes and Cinnamon Rolls



I'm joining up with Brenda at Garden of Learning for her Gratitude Challenge. Today I'm grateful for:

Cold weather. It got down to 35 degrees F lastnight -- the coldest yet this season, so we'll be able to have a nice cozy fire now.

My big comfy robe that my sister-in-law, Kitsy, gave me one Christmas. It's the best robe I've ever had and it's like wearing a warm blanket around myself. Only it has sleeves. They live in up in New England, so they know about keeping warm. Doesn't it make you just want to stay in it all day? Very tempting. Maybe I'll get dressed before breakfast. Or maybe not.


Homemade cinnamon rolls that my son Peter made lastnight, and the smell wafting throughout the house. Mmmm......


Little boys and all their busy little activity. Two of my boys made a tent lastnight in the living room and slept together in it. They worked really hard on it and were very excited about how it turned out.

Complete with built-in kitchen.


So today, I love little active boys, warm robes and cinnamon rolls. And I'm grateful for a decent night's sleep to enjoy it all! God is good.

Not-so-great photos by Jimi Ann
For more thoughts on gratefulness, click here.

12 comments:

Catherine said...

That robe looks like I could sink into it and feel wrapped up in a hug. I hope the cinnamon rolls taste as good as they look. Did the boys love sleeping in their tent? It looks like it was fun!

Jimi Ann said...

Well the boys certainly had fun, but this is what my husband had to say: "At midnight, Michael got up and then couldn't find his way back into the tent. I told him to go through the end entrance or go to his bed because I was in such a deep sleep when he woke me up. So, he just stood there making little noises until I'd help him. Eventually, George woke up and made noises as well. I got up and told them both to go in their own beds. It was terrible!" Some memories are costly, I guess. :)

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Those cinnamon rolls look absolutely delicious. Will some of them be saved for later or will they all get gobbled up?

I'm glad the boys had fun in their tent even if it did cost Dad a bit of sleep. ;)

the Mcclanahan 7 said...

Cold outside, fire inside, cinnamon rolls....I hope you stayed in your robe at least til breakfast was over.

Drew said...

Not likely that there will be any rolls left by the time I get home from work. :(

Jimi Ann said...

Peter made enough rolls for us AND for our cell group (our Bible study group made up of 4 families) tonight at our house, which is about 30 people!

Heather C. said...

Sweet ! All of it ... except the waking you up part :o) Our kitty decided to play the piano ( literally !!) at 3 this morning and the i could NOT get back to sleep since all of a sudden i was hit with the reality of how close Thanksgiving is and just how much needs to be organized !! Then Bob was up at 5 to go hunting :) I was defintely glad for my cozy robe and hot coffee ! I sure could used a delivery of Peter's rolls :) Have a great cell group ~same here tonight ~ HC

Vickie said...

I had a robe like that...with blue stripes. It is almost too warm even tho we've had temps in the teens in the mornings. I can smell those cinnamon rolls. Maybe I'll go make some for tomorrow morning. And boys....love the antics of little boys. My youngest boy is now 14 where does the time go. Great post and I loved the pictures.

Christi said...

I love that robe, I have one similar but I really can't wear it. I'm at a point in my life right now where I would gladly sell our furnace, so no thick, comfy robes for me. The cinnamon rolls look absolutely fabulous, cinnamon rolls are one of my many weaknesses.

Unknown said...

I love cold winter mornings inside a warm house... the comfy robe looks amazing!!

SisterTipster said...

I believe you have quite a cook going there, Jimi Ann! So glad you are cozy in your warm robe each day! Sending a hug!

Mattina Curtis said...

Everybody likes robe and I am one of those who is really addicted to it. On the other hand, I do like your blog because the information are well delivered the fact that you actually entertain us so well. Thanks a lot!


___________________
plush robes

Labels