Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Forgiveness and Children

(Anna Ruth and Pauline on Pauline's 12th birthday)

While pondering and meditating on Forgiveness, I realized how much we, as parents, need to ask forgiveness from our children -- sometimes daily... I ran across this quote:

"It was amazing the way my children bounced back from emotional hurts. When the stress of the homeschooling day "got to me," I repeatedly found myself seeking their forgiveness for my unloving words and impatient actions. Each time my children would quickly say, "That's OK, I understand," and everything would be forgotten. Humbled by their gracious words, I knew my forgiveness wouldn't have come so easily if someone had treated me the same way."

How true and how humbling. Our children teach us so much.


No comments:

Labels